Background Checks for Coaches
Today the majority of coaches and youth sports volunteers are required to undergo some form of background screening. The requirements for background screening vary from state to state however; there are recommendations for specific reports that will provide the necessary information you need to keep your athletes safe from predators and help you hire people you can trust.
Common Background Checks for
the Sports Industry
- SSN Verification and Address History– This report provides the applicant’s residency and movement patterns by returning full name, age and DOB, a complete address history, and may contain dates and phone numbers at listed addresses. As an additional barrier to identity theft, data is crosschecked through the Social Security Death Index, which is designed to prevent stealing of a deceased person’s identity.
- InstaCriminal Nationwide Search plus Alias – A powerful, virtually instant multi-jurisdictional search of state and county criminal records, The System automatically pre-pulls any associated aliases. This database is compiled from counties, Department of Corrections (DOC), Administration of the Court (AOC), and state sex offender registries from across the country. Also included in each search are national and international terrorism sources such as Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). This search includes the National Sex & Violent Offender Database, P.R.I.O.R.S. and The Foreign Nationals Database (Global Report) Exceptions apply for Colorado.
Additional Reports May Include:
- Criminal Search – Single County
- 7-Year Unlimited County Criminal Search
- Professional License Verification
- Professional Reference Verification
- Education Verification Search
- Employment Verification
TeamSafe – Key Elements to Consider
- You can access reports with a one-click search selection from your computer 24/7.
- The results are accurate and if there is a negative result or any question regarding the report; TeamSafe will have the report confirmed by an experienced investigator.
- The pricing is competitive.
- There is an experienced staff available to answer your questions.
- TeamSafe is a company that stays current with regulatory changes.
- TeamSafe is FCRA compliant and provides all the necessary paperwork you need.
Submit Your Application Now
Click to Apply
provides state-of-the-art technology with results retained on encrypted servers.
You can order searches yourself any time of the day or night.
- No set-up fee
- No monthly fee
- No software fee
- No training fee
- No fee for forms
- You only pay for the reports you order!